As a fourth grader, your child finally has the opportunity to do what so many successful students have done before them,Be Part of the Band! The District #518 band program has a strong tradition of excellence and academic musicianship for a life-long appreciation of learning. We would like you to consider having your child participate in in the Worthington Middle School Band Program. The study of music could be one of the most valuable steps in your child’s education. We know that many of you have a child in orchestra. I am pleased to inform you the schedule at the middle school allows your child to participate in band and orchestra.
The following activities are planned for your fourth grade student.
- March 22 - 4th grade students travel to Worthington Middle School to watch a live performance.
- April 16 - April 17 - 4th grade students try instruments during music class
- April 30 - Parents attend the instrument fair in Worthington Middle School Band Room.
- Rent an instrument through a music store or bring in a used instrument to be checked over.
- Sign up for summer band. All new band members are encouraged to participate in summer band.
- August 5 to August 16, attend the Summer Band Program at Worthington Middle School.
For more information click on the form below.
English Sign-up FormSpanish Sign-up Form
If you need assistance reading the Be Part of the Band form, please send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 507.376.4174 and ask for Mrs. Jensen.