An Early Childhood Screening is required for all children in Minnesota prior to entering Kindergarten.
The screening will consist of the following components: fine/gross motor skills, language development, concepts, height/weight, vision, hearing, review of health history and immunization record. The best time to be screened is at age 3.
- Letters of invitation will be sent to families whose child(ren) are in the appropriate age group.
- Appointments are scheduled between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Screenings are conducted at the West Learning Center, 117 11th Avenue, Worthington.
- The Early Childhood Screening must be attended by the child and a parent/guardian.
- Please bring a birth certificate or other official identification for your child.
Please note: State law requires that all children be screened by the start of Kindergarten.
If your child is 4 years of age and has not been screened, or if you would like to check if your child is listed on the district's census list, contact Tara Thompson, Early Childhood Screening Coordinator, at 507-727-1207.