Paraprofessional Induction Program
Orientation - Professional Development - Mentorship
The vision of the District 518 Paraprofessional Induction Program is to create a time and space where new paraprofessionals feel supported in developing the professional skills they need to make a positive impact on student achievement.
The mission of the District 518 Paraprofessional Induction Program (PIP) is to facilitate the growth of new paraprofessionals through partnerships which encourage reflective practice, build instructional support, and maximize student achievement.
- To orientate new paraprofessionals on district/school system (policy, procedure, and educational philosophy).
- To foster positive relationships and promote the wellbeing of new paraprofessionals.
- To encourage collaboration among paraprofessionals and other staff in order to meet the diverse needs of learners.
- To maximize student achievement through quality instructional support practices.
- To increase the retention of quality paraprofessionals.
- To develop leadership skills in our experienced paraprofessionals.