Open Enrollment for employee benefits will be held Monday, May 2nd- Friday, May 13th.
Sign up for an open enrollment meeting with PEC in your building here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/worthington2022oe
Now is the time to change, drop or add to your employee benefits for a July 1, 2022- June 30, 2023, effective date.
Here is a video overviewing our employee benefit plans: Employee Benefit Video
NEW BENEFIT ENROLLMENT PROCESS
- ISD 518 will be utilizing Professional Enrollment Concepts’ (PEC) services for our benefit communication and enrollment this year. PEC’s Benefits Counselors will provide you with a detailed explanation of your entire benefits program. They will review your benefits with you on an individual, confidential basis. They will also be able to discuss any personal situations you may have that could potentially impact your benefit decision. They will help you select the best plans for you and or your family.
- ALL ISD 518 employees are required to participate in an open enrollment meeting with PEC, either in person or by calling in, during the open enrollment window, May 2- May 13.
- The benefit meeting will take place of all paperwork.
- This will give us the ability to have employee benefits online for upcoming years.
- PEC Benefit Counselors are fluent in Spanish
- PEC will be here in person Monday, May 2- Friday, May 6th to review all benefit information with employees
- Worthington Middle School- Monday, May 2- 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM- located in the Small Gym
- Worthington High School- Tuesday, May 3- 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM- located in room 330
- Prairie Elementary School- Wednesday, May 4 – 7:00AM – 6:00PM- located in Gyms 1 and 2
- Learning Center- Thursday, May 5 – 7:00AM – 4:00PM- located in room 112
- West Learning Center – Friday, May 6- 7:00- 12:00PM- located in room 114
- Sign up for an open enrollment meeting with PEC in your building here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/worthington2022oe
- Please note, you can sign up for dates and times at other locations, if this fits better in your schedule. Please make sure to have appropriate coverage, if applicable.
- You are encouraged to meet with Sanford Health Plans with any health insurance related questions prior to your scheduled appointment with PEC.
WHAT CHANGES DO WE HAVE FOR OUR INSURANCE BENEFITS THIS YEAR?
- HEALTH INSURANCE- SANFORD HEALTH PLAN
- We will continue with Sanford Health Plans. The plan offerings will remain the same.
- We saw a 7.5% increase in premium rates for the 2022-2023 school year.
- AMERITAS VISION
- There are no rate plan changes for the vision plan for the 2022-2023 school year.
- DELTA DENTAL
- There are no rate plan changes for the dental plan for the 2022-2023 school year.
- TRUSTMARK SUPPLEMENTAL PLANS
- Trustmark voluntary supplemental plans are new offerings this year.
- These offerings will be introduced to you at your benefit consultation
- AFLAC and COLONIAL SUPPLEMENTAL PLANS
- The district will be changing voluntary supplemental plans to Trademark. Anyone holding a supplemental plan through Aflac or Colonial Life will need to elect to transfer their existing plan to direct billing through Aflac or Colonial Life provider to continue your coverages effective July 1, 2022, forward. These will no longer be able to be offered through a payroll deduction.
- Direct communication will be made with each of you who currently hold a voluntary plan through Aflac and Colonial Life.
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
- Elections need to be made every year. If you wish to have an election, please make sure to communicate this with PEC.
- The 3rd party company who manages the District flex accounts, Further, was bought out by Health Equity. There are no changes to the plan or management of the plan at this time.
- HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS
- Elections need to be updated each year. If you wish to make your own contribution to your H SA, you will need to make sure to communicate this with PEC.
- The 3rd party company who manages the district H SA accounts, Further, was bought out by Health Equity. There are no changes to the plan or management of the plan at this time.
WHAT FORMS DO I NEED TO COMPLETE?
- PEC Enrollment meetings will take the place of the majority of the open enrollment paperwork. There will be no insurance election forms, health, dental, vision, waive forms to complete.
- 403(b) salary reduction forms are due prior to July 1, 2022. If you are newly eligible for a 403(b), have an increase in your district match or wish to start a 403(b) election, you will be required to turn in a 403 (b) Salary Reduction Form. These will not be listed in the PEC benefit enrollment system.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IF I AM RETIRING OR RESIGNING?
- All staff that are retiring or resigning will need to schedule a meeting with PEC to select your benefit/insurance options.
- You will receive a COBRA packet from ISD 518 Human Resources. You will need to complete the requested paperwork and return to ISD 518 HR Dept.
Contact one of the ISD 518 reps below and we would gladly assist you.