District 518 utilizes On-call Interpreters to assist families during school conferences and some meetings. Interpreters are needed to help facilitate communication between school personnel and families who are not fluent in English. In order to meet this need, District 518 maintains an On-call Interpreter list. Employees of District 518 must have a high school diploma or GED.
Individuals who are interested in working as On-call Interpreters must:
1. Complete an online application at www.isd518.net. Click on the District tab, then on the employment link. You will be asked to create an account and fill out the online application form. The form may be saved and revised before submission.
2. Be interviewed for the position and possibly be offered the position, contingent on a background check. You will most likely be contacted by e-mail to schedule this interview.
3. Complete and pass a background check. (cost to applicant is $15 which may be paid online or at the administration office).
4. Attend an orientation session facilitated by the full-time District 518 Interpreter/Translators.
5. Sign a confidentiality pledge.
6. Be added to the On-call Interpreter List, so that you may be called as needed.
On-Call Interpreter Orientation
An On-Call Interpreter Orientation must be completed before you will be added to the On-call Interpreter list. Since the group orientation for this school year has already been completed, interested individuals will be asked to meet with Herminion Nunez Lopez or Sharon Johnson to complete an orientation session. One of these individuals will contact you following the receipt of an online application.