Welcome to the ISD518 Continuing Education page. Over the next few weeks, updates/additions will be occurring on the page, so please be patient. Thank you for understanding!
You can find most of this information on the MN Professional Educators Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) website.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Teachers
Tier 1 and Tier 2 teachers work directly with the district HR department for renewals and licensing concerns. Please contact Carmen Johnson at the admin office ext. 1103, or your building administrator to help navigate you through the process.
Tier 1 teacher renewal requirements facts sheet.
Tier 2 teacher renewal requirements facts sheet.
If you are moving from a Tier 1 to Tier 2, please look here to check requirements.
Tier 3 Teachers
Tier 3 teachers, based on where you are in the process, you will work with the district HR department, your building administrator, and/or our committee for your renewals and licensing concerns.
Tier 3 teacher renewal requirements facts sheet.
***Please note: The online system only renews licenses, it does not move a license,
so if you are moving to a different tier, you MUST fill out a paper application!***
If you are moving from a Tier 2 to Tier 3, please look here to check requirements.
If you are moving from a Tier 3 to Tier 4, please look here to check requirements.
Tier 4 Teachers
Tier 4 teacher renewal requirements facts sheet.
- You need 125 clock hours during the 5 years. There are 7 areas that are mandatory: Positive Behavior Intervention, Accoms/Mods/Adaptations of Curriculum, Materials and Instruction, Mental Illness, Suicide Prevention, Reading Prep, ELL, and Cultural Competency.
- This chart gives you more specifics on what you need.
- This document tells you the categories and what qualifies for hours.
- Your committee would appreciate you submitting all 125 hours at one time. We know there are special situations, but we try to keep those minimal as entering them individually is very time consuming.
- Each CEU should have a state designed approval form attached to it. Click here to download a pdf version of the form and type it up right on your computer or open using Chrome and it will open to a fillable form.
School Nurses, Psychologists, School Social Workers, Speech Pathologists
Click Here to read the state mandatory requirements.
All Licensed Professionals
Check the number of Clock Hours approved by the Continuing-Ed Committee by doing the following:
- Click here to connect to the MN PELSB teacher site. You may check your status and renew your license on this site.
- MN PELSB Department of Ed (NOTE: LINK IS NOT ACTIVE HERE… please go to state website)
If you have further questions, contact Jody Madsen at email@example.com.
Click below to download a spreadsheet to assist you in keeping track of your CEUs.