About Our Early Childhood Family Education Teachers

Ms. Brehmer

Hello! My name is Morgan Brehmer and I am from Pine Island, Minnesota in southeast MN. In 2021, I graduated from South Dakota State University with my bachelors in Early Childhood Education. I have experience as a preschool teacher at a daycare center. I love building friendships with my students and seeing them excited to learn. A fun fact about me is I am left handed; left handed people make up only 10% of the population!

Ms. Hartshorn

I am originally from Ecuador. I was born, raised and got most of my Education in Guayaquil.
I currently work for the Early Childhood Family Education programs as a Licensed Parent Educator.

Mr. Johnson

Hello there. My name is Alex D. Johnson. I am an Early Childhood teacher at Community EdMs Knuthucation. I work in the School Readiness Program in District 518. I achieved my Associate’s Degree in Child Development from South Central College’s North Mankato Campus, and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree from Southwest Minnesota State University in May 2020. I am in my second year of my career, as well as my second year of teaching in Worthington. I am a middle child, I love to cook and experiment with baking and food, and I have a passion for Theatre. However, with all of these fun activities, I am still an introvert at heart. I can’t wait to see what this year has in store for all of my peers and students in the district.

Mrs. Morrow

Hi, my name is Lori Morrow and I am an Early Childhood Teacher for District 518. I graduated from the University of Sioux Falls with a BA in Elementary and Early Childhood Education. I first taught in Ellsworth MN in fifth and first grade. Then I took some time off to be a mom to my 3 daughters. During that time I attended ECFE with them. When they all went on to school I stayed and became the ECFE teacher and then added Even Start and School Readiness. My passion is to work with young children and their parents and to help make their first school experience fun and positive. Even though my students think I live at school, I do find time for traveling, bicycling, camping and spending time with my family.

Mrs. Richters

Hello! My name is Brenna Richters, I am originally from Luverne and currently live there with my husband and our son. I graduated from South Dakota State University with my bachelors in Early Childhood Education. I currently teach School Readiness, this is my fourth year. A fun fact about me is I enjoy spending as much time as I can outside, as a family we enjoy camping.

Mrs. Thelen

My name is Kelly Thelen and I am very excited to be teaching preschool at Worthington this year! Before coming to Worthington, I taught preschool, first, third, and fourth grade in Iowa. I earned my Bachelor’s in Elementary Education and English at Buena Vista University and my Master’s in Educational Leadership from Southwest Minnesota State University. I am a proud member of the University of Northern Iowa’s 2023-2024 Literacy Initiative and look forward to my work in literacy education this school year. 

When I’m not teaching, you might see me out fishing, going to the Summer Theater, cheering at a Twins game, or dancing at a Zumba class. My husband Matt and I have four children and we love to play hockey, cook, and travel as a family. 

Add sidebar element title…