The mission of District 518 Community Education is to engage people in lifelong learning; enrich lives through shared experiences; and inspire personal growth and community connections.
The Community Education Classes and Activities catalog is mailed to area residents quarterly and also available online. We hope you will find a class that interests you. To sign up for a class, please call 507-376-6105. Select link to register online.
The Winter 2019-20 Community Classes & Activities catalog will be mailed on December 5, 2019.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Community Education Office will be closing at 3:00 pm on December 20 and 31, 2019.
Like us on Facebook! We invite you to like our page. We hope to share photos and learning opportunities with all of our FB friends. We also welcome your FB reviews, especially the positive ones!
If District 518 cancels school for the day or releases students early for weather reasons, it is our policy to cancel all Community Education Enrichment, Early Childhood and Adult Basic Education classes and activities. Call our office at 376-6105 or listen to the local radio stations for announcements.
News & Updates
Worthington District 518 is excited to offer the Music Explorers Festival (formerly the Festival of the Young Musician) again. The festival is held every other year in southwest Minnesota. This music festival features a guest clinician and several master teachers who work with the students throughout the day. Students in grades 4-6 are chosen…
Community EDucation catalog
Winter 2019-20 Links
Community Education Departments
- Adult Basic Education
- Community Connectors / Parent Liaison
- Community Education
- Early Childhood Family Education
- Enrichment Programs
- Nobles County Integration Collaborative
- Youth Development
News & Reports
- Community Education article in Globe March 2019
- Daily Globe article – Community Education catalog presents new trades classes
- Daily Globe article on Winter 2017 Enrichment Opportunities
- Achievement & Integration Report FY 16
- Community Ed serves more people than you think
- Daily Globe article about Forty Years of Community Education