District Data & Assessment
Testing changes for 2020-2021
Parent Opt Out forms for Testing will continue to be offered in the Student Handbook. Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) also has other languages available for Testing Opt Out. They include Arabic, Chinese, Hmong, Karen, Khmer, Laotian, Oromo, Russian, Somali, Spanish, and Vietnamese. MDE also has Test Preparation Tips in these languages, FAQ Why Test Results Matter in these languages, ACCESS/MCA/MTAS Parent Fact Sheets in these languages, and other information regarding testing.
The Benchmark Reports are not available this fall, but next year they will have a new look to them. Staff can contact the District Assessment Coordinator in the fall of 2021 to get a copy of their grade level and content area. They will be available for Reading, Math, and Science.
All of MN MCA and MTAS testing will be administered through Pearson Access Next as it was this past school year. PANext is working on some updates and changes, so while things will be the same, there will hopefully be some new improvements for this school year.
- MCA and MTAS testing window is March 8th – May 7th for reading and math
- MCA testing window is March 8th – May 14th for science
- ACCESS for ELL’s grade K-12 window is January 25th through March 19th
- ACT plus Writing (for seniors only – rescheduled from this Spring) is October 6th
- ACT plus Writing (for juniors and any senior who has not already taken it) is March 30th
Department of Teaching and Learning
“Excellence for All”
Educational excellence for all learners to be successful global citizens in the future.
Through leadership, provide growth and support opportunities for all staff to positively impact student achievement.
Data and Assessment
Staff will be able to find and use updated data and reports in our student information systems in order to help guide instruction for all students.
- ISD 518 District Testing Calendar
- 2020-2021 State Testing Windows
- Parent Testing Opt Out Form
- Testing Opt Out in Other Languages from MDE
- Testing Tip Line
- Health and Safety Guidelines
- COVID -19 Decision Tree
- Home Screening Tool for COVID-19 Symptoms
- NAEP for Parents
- Parent Fact Sheet
- Pearson Access Next
- Pearson Perspective
- Pearson Perspective Quick Guide
- Test Anxiety Tips
- Test Taking Tips