District Data & Assessment
Testing changes for 2019-2020
Parent Opt Out forms for Testing will continue to be offered in the Student Handbook. Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) also has other languages available for Testing Opt Out. They include Arabic, Chinese, Hmong, Karen, Khmer, Laotian, Oromo, Russian, Somali, Spanish, and Vietnamese. MDE also has Test Preparation Tips in these languages, FAQ Why Test Results Matter in these languages, ACCESS/MCA/MTAS Parent Fact Sheets in these languages, and other information regarding testing.
The Benchmark Reports are available and have a new look to them this year. Staff can contact the District Assessment Coordinator to get a copy of their grade level and content area. They are available for Reading, Math, and Science.
All of MN MCA and MTAS testing will be administered through Pearson Access Next as it was this past school year. PANext is working on some updates and changes, so while things will be the same, there will hopefully be some new improvements for this school year.
- MCA and MTAS testing window is March 2nd – May 1st for reading and math
- MCA testing window is March 2nd – May 8th for science
- ACCESS for ELL’s grade K-12 window is January 27th through March 20th
- ACT plus Writing is March 24th
Department of Teaching and Learning
“Excellence for All”
Educational excellence for all learners to be successful global citizens in the future.
Through leadership, provide growth and support opportunities for all staff to positively impact student achievement.
Data and Assessment
Staff will be able to find and use updated data in Infinite Campus in order to help guide instruction for all students.
- ISD 518 District Testing Calendar
- 2019-2020 State Testing Windows
- Prairie Testing Schedule
- WMS Testing Schedule
- WHS Testing Schedule
- Learning Center Testing Schedule
- VIBE Testing Schedule
- Parent Testing Opt Out Form
- Testing Opt Out in Other Languages from MDE
- Testing Tip Line
- NAEP for Parents
- Parent Fact Sheet
- Pearson Access Next
- Pearson Perspective
- Pearson Perspective Quick Guide
- Test Anxiety Tips
- Test Taking Tips