Family & Consumer Science (FACS)
“Today is a great day to learn something new!”
Be College and Career Ready with Family and Consumer Science!
“Adulting” – this is where it’s at!
Family and Consumer Science at Worthington High School offers an exciting combination of ten different types and levels of courses. Students who enroll in the classes learn vocational information that will help them become stronger individuals as they learn more about their personal life, focus on a healthy family, and prepare for a successful career.
The courses include:
- Child’s World and Advanced Child Development involving two levels of child study working with mechanical babies and discussing parenting, preparing for a real preschool by being the “teachers”, and with the knowledge of child psychology they observe children with a new understanding.
- Independent Living class revolves around the many financial decisions they will be making in the future and learning to budget for their goals. What will it be
- There is a three level Foods program with Food Exploration, Foods and Nutrition, and Cultures and Cuisine. Food Science and Fitness contains information on a healthy diet, sports nutrition, nutritional issues leading to a change in diet and food science experiments and development.
- Interior Design is a class that works with a professional design program (Chief Architect). Students will work on designing a floor plan and elevate that design on a CAD program to further choose wall coverings, floor coverings, lighting, and furnishings.
- Teen Issues is a discussion based class on the many choices teens have today.
- The textile and design classes are Creative Sewing and Constructive Clothing Design.
Get To Know Us
WHS FACS Classes
- Child’s World
- Child Development and Career
- Creative Sewing
- Culture and Cuisine
- Food Exploration
- Foods and Nutrition
- Food Science and Fitness
- Independent Living
- Interior Design
- Teen Issues