ISD 518 offers comprehensive, employer/employee paid medical insurance through Sanford Health Plans. The District offers a Board Share (employer contribution) to qualifying employees to help offset the cost of monthly health insurance premiums. Refer to your employee master agreement to determine your district employer match. Refer to the ISD 518 Benefit Guide for additional benefit information.
ISD 518 offers two network options through Sanford Health Plans (SHP) and three plan levels in each network. The Network options include the Sanford TRUE: Focus Network and the Sanford Signature Options: Broad Network.
Sanford TRUE- Focus Network
- The District offers three coverage options in the TRUE Focus Network:
- The TRUE plans offers a Focused Provider Network of primarily Sanford Health providers and facilities
- The TRUE plans will have a lower monthly premium than the Signature Series options.
- There is No out-of-network coverage in the TRUE plans
- If you primarily see Sanford Health providers, this network may be a good option for you.
- Refer to the Sanford TRUE Focused Network Provider search to determine if your medical provider falls in the focused network
Sanford Signature Series- Broad Network
- The District offers three coverage options in the Signature Series- Broad Network:
- The Signature Series Broad Network option has higher monthly premiums compared to Sanford TRUE network options.
- The Signature Series plans will allow you to see both Sanford Health and non-Sanford Health providers (with limitations; refer to network provider list)
- Signature Series plans include both traditional copay plans and high deductible health plans.
- Refer to the Sanford Broad Network Provider search to determine if your medical provider falls in the focused network.