1. Complete the ISD 518 online application. Go to isd518.net website, click on District tab, then on employment tab. Create and account and complete the application for a substitute position. Submission of this form, triggers an e-mail response.
2. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
3. If a position is offered, it is contingent upon passing a background check. An e-mail with background check forms will be sent to individual who are offered a substitute position. The background check form and payment ($15) can be completed online. (Or you may go to ISD 518 Administration office to make the payment in person). Background checks can take up to a few weeks to be processed.
3. Complete payroll information. When the background check comes back, if it is okay, another e-mail will be sent to you requesting payroll information. ISD 518 uses a direct deposit system. Applicant must complete and submit the payroll packet in order to be paid. If the background check is not passed, you will receive e-mail notification that you are not eligible to substitute in ISD 518.
4. After a background check is passed, you will be asked to go to the ISD 518 Administration office to finalize the process. Bring two credible forms of ID along. Driver's license, social security card, or work permit (green card) are the most common forms used.
5. Receive employee ID number and welcome letter. When the application process is complete, a welcome letter will be e-mailed to you. This letter will include information such as your employees ID number and a temporary pin number and information for how to log into the AESOP sub-finder system.
6. Begin working as a substitute in District 518 by accepting positions in the AESOP system (located under the staff tab on the website) or when you receive a telephone contact regarding an opening.