How can I protect my password?
- NEVER give your password out to anyone.
- Keep your passwords in a secure location.
- On the computer or desk is not secure
- Taped inside a desk drawer or under keyboard is not secure
- A password protected document is a secure location!
What makes a password strong?
There are only two essential requirements for a strong password:
- It should be long: Really long. 17 characters should be the minimum. For some future proofing, making it at 20+ characters is better.
- It should be random: Hackers are excellent at recognizing patterns and programming their tools to look for them.