Testing Changes for 2016-17
Some changes for this upcoming school year include all school districts posting their testing calendars to the district webpage before students start the school year. Parent Opt Out forms for Testing are now to be offered. New changes for accommodations will be out at the end of October in the Procedures Manual. As the ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) committee meets and puts more pieces together, there will be changes that need to be made throughout the school year.
All of MN MCA and MTAS testing will be administered through Pearson Access Next as it was this past school year. PANext is working on some updates and changes, so while things will be the same, there will hopefully be some new improvements.
- MCA and MTAS testing window is March 6th - May 5th for reading and math
- MCA testing window is March 6th - May 12th for science
- OLPA testing window is October 17th-February 10th
- This will be used for some testing of wireless devices.
- ACCESS for ELL's grade K-12 window is January 30th through March 24th
- ACT plus Writing is April 19th